It sounds wonderful to say "Make this soup, it freezes sooo well, you will have it for weeks to heat and eat, how convenient!". However, I have not frozen soup even once, because it doesn't last long enough to freeze. This soup was no different, though it did last 3 days instead of 2 since it's nice and thick thanks to the potatoes.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 leek (mixed light green and white parts), sliced
- 1 tbsp Thai red chili paste
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (with sauce for spiciness)
- 1 8oz can lite coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 heaping tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tsp diced scallions
- Smoked paprika
Heat oil in a pan and saute onions until they are translucent. Add the bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, leeks, chili paste, and chipotle peppers. Cook until they soften and the garlic is fragrant. Next pour in the coconut milk and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Add the potatoes and cook until tender. Lower the heat and stir in peanut butter, then season with salt and pepper. Serve with a spoon of plain yogurt (or sour cream for a richer option) and garnish with scallions, paprika, and cilantro.