I recently went to our friend PM's bridal shower. For guest favors, they handed us adorable mini glass spice jars with a "rustic italian seasoning". I wanted to use this immediately in a pasta, so I did.
- 1 box farfalle pasta
- 1 12oz can diced tomatoes in basil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp rustic Italian seasoning
- 1 8oz package mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Olive oil
Cook pasta according to package instructions. In a large pot, heat olive oil and cook onions until they soften, then add garlic until it becomes fragrant. Add Italian seasoning and fry for 30 seconds. Pour in tomatoes and Sriracha sauce and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Stir in parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and garnish with fresh parsley and additional parmesan cheese.