We had a surprise birthday party for hubbs last weekend, and I bought a bunch of party foods including cheese and crackers. I had grand visions of setting out a magnificent cheese platter with smoked provolone, "salsa", aged white cheddar, gouda, a Merlot-infused-cheese, and a few others that I can't remember (and also can't pronounce). However, we had SO much other good food such as an amazing lego cake made by my sis in law and a scrumptious 7-layer Mexican dip made by my mom-in-law that I didn't really miss the cheese. During the week, I needed a quick snack after playing fetch with Mowgli, so I opened up the fridge and grabbed random things to make this sandwich. What I had was leftover veggies and a lot of good cheese. Enough for a good meal any day.
- 1 100-calorie english muffin, cut in half
- 1 tbsp hummus - mine was a coriander hummus
- 2 green onions diced
- 2 tsp diced yellow onions
- few bits jalapeno
- 4 sad unused grape tomatoes from an arugula salad I made earlier in the week, halved
- 1 slice smoked provolone cheese
- Sriracha sauce, my go-to ingredient to make any mediocre meal an excellent one.
Toast the muffin slices. Spread one half with hummus and the other with Sriracha sauce Place cheese slices on one half and top with onions, jalapeno, green onions, and tomato slices. Season with salt and pepper.