I love sandwiches for lunch. It's so quick, and you can add anything to them without long prep work or waiting time.
- 4 slices of good sandwich bread
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- drizzle of honey mustard
- part-skim fresh mozzarella, 4 slices
- 1/4 cup fontina cheese, chopped into wedges
- Olive oil
Preheat panini maker and toast bread lightly. Combine cilantro and jalapenos and spread on one side of each sandwich. Arrange tomatoes and zucchini on top of cilantro-jalapeno mixture and season with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Top with mozzarella and fontina pieces. Drizzle a little honey mustard on the other sandwich slice and grill sandwich, covered, for 2-3 minutes until the cheeses juuuusst melt. So good, guys.