Steph made delicious crab cakes last weekend. Here's her recipe and awesome picture.
- 1 & 1/2 pound lump crab meat
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain milk (whole or 2% works)
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 3 tsp Worcesteshire Sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp fresh or dried parsley
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning or crab boil seasoning
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp dried mustard
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs + extra to coat
Spicy Mayo Sauce:
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- pinch of garlic and onion powder
- pinch of cayenne powder
Saute bell pepper, onion and garlic then chill in freezer or refrigerator until cold.
Mix together all ingredients except for crab, egg and milk.
Finally, add crab, then eggs and then milk (Recipe says to refrigerate until well chilled but I did not do this).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Scoop crab mixture out onto breadcrumbs and coat, form a patty.
Set the patties onto foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet (about 2 inches apart).
Place in oven for 10-15 minutes until done. Serve immediately.